“A journey through time and history absolutely UNIQUE”
The heart of Guanajuato
The tour is based on the idea that your host Francine Tellier, occupies a small house or appartment where she can invite you to have breakfast and a dinner (comida for Mexicans), while offering you a hands-on cooking workshop approved by the Mexicans who ask for more!!!
- Walk San Miguel de Allende
- Experience the life of the historic center, its “garden”, its street vendors, his music…
- Visit art galleries and admire the multitude of original works from countless local and foreign artists who have taken up residence there.
- Relax while doing some people watching to feel the the pulse of life in one of the charming cafes and bistros.
- Immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the markets and learn about traditional food of the region.
- Attend the weekly organic markets and sample some of the best local and typical food.
- Take a leap into the history of the far west by tasting a Tequila or a mezcal with the locals, in one of the historic saloons (cantinas).
- Stroll in town and discover charming hidden places and interior courtyards.
- Savor its cuisine. No, not all Mexican food is spicy!
- Taste excellent high-end organic wines from artisanal micro production.
- Spend a moment in one of the many high-end places where elegance, refinement and the latest trends are featured.
- Walk some of the mountainside streets, some of them are steep and covered with cobblestone. Adequate shoes allow you to appreciate better its rustic charm.
- Appreciate its colonial architecture.
- Relax in thermal waters in a site surrounded by nature.
- Spend a memorable day in the heart of the city of Guanajuato (also name of the state where San Miguel de Allende is located).
- Meet the rancheros (cattle breeders) in the canyon and have a memorable horseback ride. Taste and feel a moment of ancient way of life that might bring you back to memories of western movies seen during your childhood. Yet, this simple life is still resolutely alive.
After a few weeks of immersion in life, rhythm, colors, smells and flavors, of the heart of Guanajuato you are likely to not be in a hurry to go back home.
- Transfer (shuttle) from and to Leon GTO airport to SMA on arrival and departure.
- Accommodation during the stay (double or triple occupancy if required depending on the number of travelers).
Individual occupancy available with a supplement, price to be specified at the time of reservations.
- 1 cooking workshop and dinner with your guide, host and chef : Francine (subject to her accommodation available).
- Cantina evening accompanied by Francine (1 shooter inc.).
- Botanical garden (transport + entrance inc.).
- Horseback riding in the canyon (transportation +1 meal at the ranch inc.).
- Visit to the Cañada de la Virgen pyramid (transport + specialist guide inc.)
- SMA walking tour with local guide, walking tours with Francine Tellier as an accompanying guide, including visits to the organic market and Ignacio Ramirez market and craft market.
- Day at the thermal baths (transport + entrance inc.).
- Visit with tasting of organic wines at Dos Búhos vineyard where Francine worked (transportation inc.).
- Guanajuato excursion day (transportation inc.).
- Day trip to Mineral de Pozos (transportation inc.).
- Flights : our partner in Quebec can take care of group reservations
- Visa if required
- Airport taxes if applicable
- Insurance (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
- Personal expenses : coffee, soft drinks, alcohol …
- Baggage handlers
- Tips (for any service not included in the package, to the driver / guide, guide, city guide, specialist guide)
- Optional visits or activities not mentioned (suggested or not by F.T.Jetsetting’s team)
- Any additional transport not included in the program, even if applicable to an ac-tivity suggested by F.T.Jetsetting according to interests and availability once there.
- Any optional activity suggested and chosen by travelers.
Contact us for your reservation as the price will be according to the type of vehicle and, if you are in India and wish to pay in Indian Rupees an arrangement will be made for your reservation deposit as our payment system accepts only USD.
SAN MIGUEL DE ALLENDE
Fortified city established in the sixteenth century to protect the royal inner road. It reached its peak in the eighteenth century when many religious and civil buildings were built in the Mexi-can Baroque style.
In 2013 the magazine Conde Nast Traveler ranked it as the best city known for its cultural contribution, architectural beauty and leisure activities. Since then, she has won all the best titles from different sources: the best city to live in, the safest city, Pueblo Magico and has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Altitude: 1910 m.